Wednesday 11 June 2008

Slimming down!

That's a weird title but it was the 1st thing to spring to mind when thinking what to write in this post. The reasoning behind the title was that there is no photo's today as I am on my Pa's pc and my last post had a feast of photo's and I have started a diet and had my 1st weigh in yesterday.

News on the Slimming World diet Week 1 was that I lost 3lbs, not as much as I wished but I am still happy as it's a start to my stone weight loss before I go my holidays on the 12th July. I think my biggest problem apart from actually eating too much! is that I have a thing for bread, mayonaise and coleslaw. So they are going to be targetted this week and I will not take any prisoners. I have to make the decision its either margarine, mayonaise or coleslaw in my sandwich/salad not all three.

On the crafting front I have sort of lost my mojo at the moment, I think with business been quiet on Ebay and my website it has not helped. But I have managed to create a pressie for a friend who has just moved house and with coppers been a little tight this week/month/year I have decided to make her a present. I will take a photo and put it into my blog soon. It is also Father's Day on Sunday, aswell as that it is also Hubbo's birthday so I will have to get my creative head back on soon. If the weather is fine on Sunday all my family are planning to go to Clumber Park and have a BBQ and cricket match.

Here's to heathly eating this week!

8 comments:

periwinkle said...

I'm cheering you on Vanessa, you go girl :-)
Lisa x

Summer by the sea said...

Good Luck Vanessa with the diet - just a thought, homemade coleslaw is quite healthy (thats my excuse anyway, I love it) - half a white cabbage, a couple of carrots and half an onion grated (you can even add an apple) mixed with a small amount of Helmans light Mayonaise which is only 12 calories per tablespoon. It makes loads, is really tasty and its got to be good for you! - Natalie x

picciolo said...

good luck with your diet, 3lb sounds good to me!
:)

mollycupcakes said...

Good luck with the slimming down hun.
Sounds your on the right track with 3lbs gone already, well done.
It's harder to diet I think working from home because you've got the kitchen cupboards in easy reach. I've started again this week and hope to get down to 8 and half - 9 stone before Christmas. I want to look fab for Ben's work dinner.
We're get there, it just takes a bit of time.
Hugs.
Catherine x

Twiggy said...

Good luck with the dieting Vanessa, I followed Slimming World when I got married and lost quite a bit of weight. I was paranoid about everyone saying ohhh nice dress, but did you see the size of her bum:) I love Clumber Park, we haven't been for ages. Have a fun weekend
Twiggy x

Louise said...

Great news with the weight loss, I love mayonnaise or coleslaw as an extra in my sandwiches too. x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I am very impressed Vanessa.. and I will be listening carefully to your weight loss plan. I have steadily gained weight over the last few years.. middle age... menopause.. too much chocolate and not enough exercise.. I would love to lose a stone.. all I need is willpower and a good example to follow... yourself!!!

Hope you are a loser.. in the best possible sense!

Michelex

Miss sew n sew said...

Hi Vannessa
Good luck with the diet and well done with your 3lb's weight loss I'm starting a diet too I ate far too many cornish pasties on my hols so I'm all for healthy eating now!
Sarahx