Friday 30 May 2008

Lots of Photo's!

Sorry photo overload on this post! Pictures from our trip to Filey! Little dear on Filey beach, Mum & Dad in beach tent reading magazines and listening to Ipod.
We went on one of the pedalo's and it did not sink!

Little dear racing around the track, she did ever so well, she even left 2 older boys for dust!

Little dear on the trampoline, £1.20 for 5 minutes. In which case this means I own my friend £000's for all the time little dear spends on there trampoline.

Little dear on a pony called Tilly, she did not want to go on one, but choose Tilly as we were walking past and we had to wait a further 20 minutes as Tilly was very popular. She absolutely loved it, so come her next birthday (4) she will be riding!


The boat even came out for us, it was only out of it's garage as the RNLI were fun raising in it.


This ones for Sara, Yum Yum! Gorgeous chocolate cake with black cherry and fresh cream filling and Cadbury's chocolate on the top! ***Update oh my god the best cake I have ever made!***

My veg patch is coming on a treat, the lettuces are actually beginning to look like lettuces.

My only purchase from a car boot sale ever, a herb rack that I have painted pink to put my new stock on when I attend my fairs.

I purchased 2 of these dishes from Etsy, they were so gorgeous I decided to get the lady in the States to make me some up, so some are my own design, they are 2 1/2 inches rounds and are a great gift as they say exactly what you need it too. If anyone is interested I am selling them for £5.95 + postage.

These are my favourites!
I have purchased a Clothkits skirt for my little dear, so I will post pictures on how it's going next time. I decided on one of the skirts as most of the skirts in the shop would make my little dear look like a slut! She is only 3 and sometimes I feel high street retailers think they are 3 going on 13, sometimes in her attitude & comments she thinks she is but at the end of the day she is only 3.
Another thing I forgot to mention was that I met Natalie from Summer by the Sea, it was great to meet someone in person, it was really strange as I did not have to introduce myself as she recognised me from my blog! We only chattered for 10 minutes as I was going down onto the beach. Great to meet you though Natalie, will pop back soon.
Have a great weekend, I'm going in the garden and tidying the house!


14 comments:

saraeden said...

You had better save me a bit of that cake Mrs !!
Guess what all that talk of cake has spurred me into making a cheesecake !!

Hope the skirt goes well ... im just trying to work out the seam allowances for the top / dress !!

Sara x

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi Vanessa,
looks like you had a great time and I bet the little one loved the pony ride too.
That cakes look delicious and very perfect looking too. I think I may have overdosed on it had it been in my house, I wouldnt be able to say no!.
I love the little things you are selling , they are so sweet.
Youre spice rack will look great as a display stand for all your goodies.
x Dom

Jennie said...

That cake looks gorgeous. I love Filey and after living in Scarborough for 33 years I finally went and visited Filey about four years ago!
The spice rack looks lovely and your veg patch is great. I would like to grow veg and have been wondering how it would grow in pots and look at yours, it's marvellous!

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Lovely to see this part of the world Vanessa and to know that the sun shines somwhere these days!
I spotted one of those gorgeous little dishes over at Katherine's Dream and wondered if WISH and BONJOUR are for sale... they are so sweet!?

Michelex

Pixiedust said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. Love the herb rack and dishes.

picciolo said...

looks like you had a great weekend, that cake looks delicious! I've admired those dishes a few times on etsy, they are really pretty
: )

periwinkle said...

Lovely pics Vanessa, the pony brings back memories of donkey riding in Skegness! Good luck for SW today, let me know how it goes -- are you gonna do a weekly update or just keep any losses to yourself?
Lisa x

Miss sew n sew said...

Your cake looks delicious love the pink sparkly stuff on top! Glad you had a great time Emily's been pestering me for a ride on a pony your little dear looked like she's enjoying it glad she did after your 20 min wait!
Sarahx

mollycupcakes said...

Hello Vanessa,
Gorgeous day at the beach and yummy cake too.
Those little plates are the cutest. I want one lol
I'm with you on the littl girl dress shops they are full of slutty wear, little mini skirts are so wrong on 3 year olds. Why do they all feel the need to try and make our little ones grow up so fast. Flaming shops.
Have a good week.
Hugs.
Catherine x

Twiggy said...

Ohhh as soon as I saw that first photo I thought it's fileytastic Filey !!!! I MUST live there and SOON,looks like you had a lot of fun.
Love those little plates.
Twiggyx

piecemaker said...

Thanks for encouraging comment ! nice blog girl,will visit again soon.xx

Carol said...

Well where do I start! great photos, must have had a great family day out...I love the thought of Mum & Dad in the Tent! that would be up right up my street !
Your cake looks fab! I wish mine turned out so well, the sponge looks lovley and light.
And those little dishes are so cute - I love them...especially the Wish one! I wil have to think of who I can buy it for now.
Carol x

Ragged Roses said...

Love all your photos, it looks like a good holiday. I really like your Etsy buys, they're very cute. Have a good weekend
Kimx

Garden Girl said...

Ooh,the cake does look yummy! I love your little dishes and spice rack too. Glad the lettuces are coming along-your veg bags are fabulous!x