Sunday 9 March 2008

Busy weekend!



1st of all I need to say a couple of thank you's. The 1 st picture is my little dear with the beautiful bunny that Natalie from 'Summer by the sea' made. We are doing our own little swap. Given i can not make a bunny Natalie is having one of my Aprons. I promised Natalie I would let her see a picture of the bunny (now named Bella) in her new home! I have to be truthful I have had to put Bella on a high shelve away from my little dear as she is loving her to death literally!

The next thank you is to Sara @ All about Eden, when she saw my little dear with her medal on, she kindly surprised us both with her own medal to keep with her initial on. She loves it! She even went to bed with it on, so thank you very much Sara.
I decided on Friday that I needed some items from Lakeland, rather than ordering it online I decided that a trip was in order. So on Saturday we hit Lincoln, we are really lucky that we only live 35 minutes away from this beautiful city. I used to spend a lot of time in & around Lincoln with my old job I love the place, as a city it is not intimidating at all and there is lots of beautiful shops unfortunately fro my bank balance! We had a lovely day!
We then spent Sunday at my friends house for Sunday lunch, she is 8 months pregnant and we made her cook a full Sunday roast, as we thought she could not cook! We were proven wrong! We were also joined by another friend and hubbo who are leaving for Australia in June, so its one of the last times we will see each other. It's really strange we all met at work, they both used to be my cashiers and they got promoted through the ranks and we all ended up been really good friends. We have all got married in the last 3 years and 2 of us have or are having children, and none of us work for the same company any more.
We received an invitation to Australia as well today which was fantastic, so we will have to seriously think about that one!

This is my 2 friends, Eve is the one with Charlies hand on her fat pregnant tummy! Bless her. We had a lovely day and it was great catching up! I have to say the men just got quietly drunk in the kitchen!
I have got lots to do this week, parcels to post, sewing to sew and I have my little dears Easter Party on Friday that I am organising, why oh why do I agree to these things!
Have a good week!

2 comments:

Summer by the sea said...

Hi Vanessa, Bella looks very happy in her new home! - It sounds like you had a fab weekend too - I love Lincoln - I used to go all the time, and especially at Christmas, to the christmas market, but I haven't been for a couple of years now (walking up 'steep hill' to the Cathedral is great for the legs!)
Hope the weather is not too bad where you are - I can't believe the difference from yesterday! - Natalie x

Carol said...

Hello Vanessa,
You little girl is beautiful and so is Bella!
When is your friends baby due?
and is it her first?
Have a good week - making!
Carol xx