Tuesday 20 May 2008

Left out in the cold!

I have to say I was a little disappointed in the folks of Stamford! It was quite cold and there was a 'Race for Life' on close by. We arrived late as the bloody A1 was closed from Grantham right down to Stamford, so we got diverted via Melton Mowbray and Rutland Water, very nice as the views were I was in a hurry. When we arrived in Stamford, someone had pinched me stall, so we were offered 2 other stalls. I decided on the one in front of Tesco's and next to M & S, I thought the perfect pitch!! We were not told to bring roofs for the stalls either so I prayed for dry weather. Well in the end I did manage to get a roof after pleading, and to be honest my stall looked much better for it, it looked to bare without a roof. The pictures below highlight that fact.
We had a play around with the layout of the stall after the roof went on, which I believe made things look better. I did not take any new photo's.






I did sell a good variety of things and I did make money, but just not as much as I thought I would. I also think I have a couple of decent leads from it, so not all bad.
But at the end of the day I was cold and I had cut my foot. I then went to my Mum's for a lovely roast meal only then to be up all night with sickness and quitters(not from my mum's dinner a bug that little dear had Thursday).
My little dear woke up yesterday with funny blotches all over her body on top of everything else, but my Mum had to deal with her as I had not slept all night & hubbo had to sort out a boiler! It turns out on Sunday night my wonderful hubbo had bathed her in Radox. So now she is smeared in calamine lotion and taking liquid antihistamine!
So all in all a disappointing weekend, but one good thing that has come from it is that I have plenty of stock and I have lost some weight!!



6 comments:

No one is you ...& that's your power said...

Hi vanessa,
Youre stall looks great & all your things look so lovely. If I had of been there I would have been cooing over all the lovely things! I hope you didnt get too cold. Still you had a good spot even if a little chilly!
Hope you are feeling ok, I expect after being outside all day you were worn out especially having a little babba too. Its good your mum is there to help you, mums are great
take care & pop your feet up
X Dom

Carol said...

Hi Vanessa, poor you. I do hope that your feeling much better now. Losing weight now that is a plus!
What would we do without our Mum's..I used to love my Mum's roasts so much, I do miss them. It was freezing at the weekend, I hope you had plenty of layers on.
The stall looked lovely.
Carol x

Pixiedust said...

Oh you poor thing. The stall looks good though, most of the craft fairs I attend are indoors, but its always still bloomin freezin. Hopw your feeling better. xxx

Anonymous said...

Your stall looks beautiful! Hope that you're feeling heaps better! Aren't mums great!! I'm lucky too - to have mine living close by!

driftwood said...

oh poor you, I hope you are feeling better soon, and that the little one recovers from her blotches

Lazylol said...

Hope you are all feeling better - sorry to hear you didn't do as well as you hoped but WOW your stall looked great!